Cutting-Edge Maintenance Management Strategies: Sequel to World Class Maintenance – The 12 DisciplinesR. Keith Mobley, Paperback
In stock, new
During the start of this year, 2020, I have been thinking a lot about writing my fourth book on maintenance. What title should I give this book, and why? What industries need today are Cutting-Edge Maintenance Management Strategies that can be explained straightforwardly and simply for industries that can easily adopt. Today what every industry needs is a way on how to survive their competition and remain in business. Here are just some of the highlights of this book:
– Why Maintenance Cannot Improve Reliability
– Changing the Maintenance Culture
– The Concept of Life Cycle for Industries
– The Importance of Life Cycle Costing in the Reliability Strategy
– The Concept of Early Equipment Management
– Cost Cutting the Wrong Way to Save on Maintenance Costs
– From World Class Maintenance to World Class Reliability
– The Need for a Structured Asset Management System ISO 55001
– Extending the Life Cycle of Equipment
– Can Failures and Breakdowns be Totally Eliminated?
– Why Reliability is Everybody’s Responsibility
– Precision Maintenance Explained
– Requirements for Precision Maintenance
– Other Applications of Precision Maintenance
– Why are Operators Important in the Reliability Strategy?
– What Empowerment can do to Operators?
– Selecting the Correct Interval for Maintenance Tasks
– The Need for Spare Parts Management
– The Most Important KPI in the Storeroom
– Step-by-Step Activities to Improve your Storeroom
– Point by Point Comparison between RCM and TPM
– Requirements for TPM JIPM Certification
– Are Industries Ready for Maintenance 4.0?
– Reliability in All its Simplicity is Difficult but Possible to Achieve
When I first published my first book on World Class Maintenance Management, the 12 Disciplines, in 2009, I thought I have written everything to achieve a level of World-Class Maintenance Management. I learned that having World Class Maintenance is very different from achieving World Class Reliability, which is much harder to achieve through the years. There are also many developments and changes today in maintenance that we need to adopt. Writing this book is not only for the readers to understand the new trends in maintenance but also for them to understand the reason for using them. These strategies must be adopted by industries for their own advantage because, in today’s phase, the law of the jungle applies, and that is, survive now or be left behind.
What makes these books special is two of the people I admired most in maintenance are part of this book. Mr. Joel Levitt, a veteran from maintenance and book author, has written a book review and my dear friend, the Godfather, R.Keith Mobley, for writing the foreword message of this book. These are two of the people I admired and respect in the field of reliability and maintenance. This book contains 15 Chapters.
This book is not only a sequel to my other books, but it is also an enhancement of my previous books. Industries must accept that they can not remain reactive forever, and much can be done to improve the maintenance function. I have also explained why it is important for c-level people in any industry to adopt these cutting-edge maintenance strategies for their benefit, why it should be done, and their role.
Cutting-Edge Maintenance Management Strategies: This book also deals with the different cutting-edge maintenance strategies that industries must adapt to survive their competition. In industries today, the law of the jungle applies, survives, or be left behind. Learn how these strategies can link together in building a solid maintenance structure in the plant. Finally, understand Learn these cutting-edge maintenance strategies in helping build the reliability culture for industries.
Binding Type: Paperback
Contributors: R. Keith Mobley, Rolly Angeles (Author)
Publisher: Independently Published
Size: 11.00h x 8.50w x 0.72d
|Dimensions||11 × 8.5 × 0.72 in|